Privacy Statement for Professional Audio Ltd
Professional Audio Ltd values your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement which details how your personal information will be treated.
The terms “ProAudio” or “PAL” or “Roland Ireland” or “we” or “us” refer to Professional Audio Ltd. The term “you” refers to the individual accessing and/or submitting Information to the Website or otherwise providing information to us.
What information does PAL collect?
PAL may collect personal information from you by various means, for example:
- Your name and contact phone number, email address, billing and delivery address while communicating with our sales team by phone or email
- Your name, email address, and IP address when you register a product to obtain an extended warranty via the proaudio.ie website
- Your name, email address, and IP address when you submit a technical support request via the proaudio.ie website
What does PAL do with my information?
Depending on how you interact with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order
- To respond to sales enquiries
- To respond to product information requests
- To respond to technical support requests
- To respond to warranty repair or service requests
- To respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team
- To send you marketing messages where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
Does PAL share my information with anyone else?
PAL shares information with some third parties:
- We provide information to third parties involved in the delivery of our products (for example couriers and delivery companies)
- We provide information to third parties involved in onsite service and repair (for example service engineers where onsite warranty repairs are required)
- We may also share personal information to meet legal obligations, regulations or in response to a valid governmental request
- We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection
PAL may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of PAL, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does PAL store my personal information?
PAL stores and processes data within the European Economic Area only.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, taxation, and warranty purposes.
If you register a product for extended warranty, we will hold your information for the length of your warranty and for a period of 5 years after the end of your warranty period.
We will hold your information for a period of 5 years following your contact to us to register your product, enquire about a repair, request product support, or engage in any communication that warrants us to perform a service to you.
We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we have your consent to process your information we will hold your data until consent is withdrawn.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it.
Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you any future marketing emails.
If you no longer want to hear from us you can:
Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email.
Contact us on (01) 4294400 during business hours.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
If you have a query regarding your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Questions regarding this privacy notice should be directed by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are also entitled to contact the Data Protection Commissioner, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in July 2018.